PANMI PTY LTD (41 623 111 820) (“we”, “our”, “us”, “Panmi Pty Ltd”, “Panmi”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your information by complying with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP”) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
Effective Date: 10th May 2021
Panmi may update this Privacy from time to time without notice. We recommend that consumers regularly review any updates as they may apply. Panmi will provide the ‘Effective Date’ for any update.
Types of Information Collected
Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act as “information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable” (“Personal Information”). This may include information such as:
- Identification information, including your name, age, gender or date of birth;
- Contact information, including your mailing and delivery address, email address, telephone/mobile number/s, and other contact details;
- Information about any devices or services you enquire about or purchase;
- Comments (such as reviews) you make on our websites or blogs;
- Information you provide to us when participating in our customer surveys, promotions and competitions;
- Any other Personal Information that may be necessary in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Purpose of Collection
Panmi will collect Personal Information only for legitimate business purposes, and in compliance with Australian laws and the Australian Privacy Principals. Purposes for collection of Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- Providing our products and services to you;
- Conducting surveys and product giveaway competitions
- Providing warranty services for products sold by Panmi or within Panmi’s Authorised Distribution Network;
- Facilitating use and moderation of the Panmi Forum or any other blogs, forums, social media platforms, or website that we may make available to you;
- Developing and sending marketing and promotional materials to customers who opt in and consent to receiving such materials;
- Developing and improving our internal management requirements;
- Assessing and processing employment applications;
- Any other purpose you have consented to;
- Any use which is required or authorised by law.
Panmi will also provide you with notice of the purpose of the information collection prior to requesting your consent to share your Personal Information with Panmi. You will always have the choice whether or not to provide us with your Personal Information, and you will have the ability to later opt-out or unsubscribe from our mailing lists (Please refer to “Access to Your Personal Information” and “Contact Details” below).
Panmi will seek to collect and hold Personal Information through lawful means that are not unreasonably intrusive to you. We may collect Personal Information provided directly by to us, through your use of our website and service, or from third party services.
1.You are permitted the option of not identifying yourself to us, or to use a pseudonym under APP.
2. If you choose to exercise your rights under this, we may not be able to provide some or all services to you and may impact our ability to do other things, such as verifying your right to make a warranty claim with us. Panmi will only collect your Personal Information where it is reasonably necessary for us to perform our functions and activities.
Panmi may from time to time receive information relating to you, which may include Personal Information, without soliciting or actively seeking such information from you (‘Unsolicited Information’). In such circumstances and subject to APP 4, we will take reasonable steps to either de-identify or destroy the unsolicited information unless the Unsolicited Information could have reasonably been gathered by us under the provisions of APP 3 or we are required by law to hold that Personal Information.
Storage, Use, and Disclosure of Information
Panmi will primarily store Personal Information on internal servers and computers to ensure that we mitigate any risk to your Personal Information. Where Personal Information is provided to third parties or stored on third parties servers, whilst we make every effort to ensure that we are dealing with reputable third parties, we recommend that you review the privacy policies of those third parties to satisfy yourself as to how your Personal Information may be handled by that third party.
We may use the services of companies Mailchimp as an email marketing tool, and Shopify to manage various business operations, which may store certain Personal Information such as your name, email addresses, usernames etc. Due to the fact that we utilise services from different companies in order to conduct our business operations, we may collate information across the various platforms to optimise and improve our services to you.
Subject to Australian law, we may be required to disclose Personal Information (for example, to law enforcement agencies or government auditors) or hold the Personal Information for a period of time stipulated under legislation.
We also may make available to you certain products or services developed by third parties. Panmi is not responsible for these third party products or services and you should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to such third party products and services.
Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone, or other device which can allow the party placing the cookie to recognise you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials to save you time.
- Cookies help us understand which parts of our services may be best suited for you to ensure you have the best experience possible.
- Cookies help us tailor ads to you and prevent you being shown the same ads each time.
- Cookies help us provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our services and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access our websites and services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please note, however, that some websites and services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those websites services, or certain parts of those Services.
We may also use technologies called beacons (aka “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your Device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your Device. We use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyse the use of our services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
Internal Management of Personal Information
Personal Information held by Panmi is subject to internal management and risk mitigation procedures when handling and managing Personal Information you have entrusted to us, to prevent the Personal Information being misappropriated or accidentally disclosed. For example, Panmi requires all company computers to be secured with anti-virus programs, which are regularly updated; that certain Personal Information can only be handled by staff with sufficient clearance; and regularly maintaining .
In the unlikely event that Panmi is impacted by malicious hacking attempts or attacks, we will strictly comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act to inform you if you are impacted by a data breach pursuant to the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme.
Access to Your Personal Information
Whilst we strive to ensure the accuracy of the information that we collect, we recognise that there may be instances where the information held in our databases are not correct. You can request access to or request correction of your personal information or submit a complaint if you believe we have breached APP.
Please address all requests or questions about how we deal with your personal information, requests for access to your information or to tell us that you no longer wish to receive any communications from us to the contact details provided above.
If you with to contact Panmi about questions or complaints relating to our collection, storage, and use of your Personal information, as well as requesting for a correction to any Personal Information we may hold about you, please contact us using the following contact methods:
Website: Customer Help Centre
Post: 174 Broadway
In some circumstances a fee, to cover our costs of accessing your data will apply. We’ll tell you in advance if there is going to be any cost for getting the information and send you a quote so that you can decide if you want to go ahead. Once you have made payment, we’ll send you a confirmation email and commence the retrieval process.
We will review your request within thirty (30) days of receipt and will respond in writing as to what actions Panmi will take.